So far 2014 has brought us some quiet and calm after a busy end to 2013, which I am very thankful for. But as the new year has now begun, I thought that it would be a good time to do some goal setting for this new and beautiful year. Goal setting is very important to me as it helps me clear my head and get my bearings for the months that lay ahead of me. I love feeling organised and prepared and having goals to work towards lifts my psyche and state of mind 🙂
2014 Goals and Resolutions.
- Focus on healthly eating.
- Do at least 30 minutes of cardio, 4-5 times a week.
- Lose 2 dress sizes by June.
- Continue to explore my passions more deeply through formal study at University. Hopefully in the July intake.
- Encourage my creativity by writing more often and making the effort to view and be involved in the arts community.
- Focus on my love of poetry by going to live spoken word perfomances and joining a poetry club.
- Work towards making our home a montessori friendly environment.
- Encourage lots of natural/open ended play with Charlie.
- Take Charlie to 2-3 activities a week.
- Spend more quality time together as a family without distractions.
- Save 5k by December.
- Finish paying off old personal loan debts by June.
- Make frequent gratitude posts on my blog to remind myself of the things in my life that I am thankful for.
- Support the Manly one in finishing his diploma and finding a new job by August.
- Bring back the old me. Sometimes I feel like I am turning into a frumpy old housewife. Make social contact a priority. Wear heels. Do my hair. Remember that these things make me feel good.
- Be better with maintaining relationships with people. Make coffee dates. Visit people. Stop hiding away at home for days at a time.
- Be a better daughter, grandaughter, best friend, sister and wife. Put more love and care into these relationships.